Install Windows 10: Alternative Method To Get It Now!

As you all know already, all Windows 7 and 8.1 users will get Windows 10 upgrade for free, except for those using pirate edition. The release date is 29 July 2015 and by the time I write this post, it's 31 July. Some of us including me still haven't got the notification to install/download the upgrade. Why is this happening? Am I gonna have to wait longer for the upgrade to happen?

The answer is NO. And I will tell you why. First, you should open Windows Update and check update history.


After that, check whether your Windows Update has attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 Home or not on 29 July 2015. 


In the above picture, you can notice that my Windows Update have tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Home but failed. Why it failed? In my case, it failed because of an issue in 'Get Windows 10' app. Open 'Get Windows 10' app and click at the top left side. Then, click at 'Check your PC' and you will get report of your PC status.




In my case, there is an issue of "Some apps aren't compatible". This is why my upgrade has failed before. The report gives details of which software that is not compatible and you need to uninstall first. But even if you uninstall the software, 'Get Windows 10' app will not notice it immediately. The app will automatically check your PC status once a month. This means that I will only get my upgrade next month after the app verifies that I have uninstall the incompatible software. Is there any other way for me to get my upgrade quickly? Yes, there is!

Download Media Creation Tool. Go to Windows 10 Download Page, scroll down and click "Download Tool Now". If your windows system is 64-bit, download 64-bit version. If it's 32-bit, download 32-bit version.

Run the tool and click "Upgrade This PC". The tool will start downloading Windows 10. By the time I'm writing this post, the tool is still in download phase.



*Update: The installation went smoothly. Took about 2 hours for my PC. There is no need to do backup before installation because we can choose to keep our files and apps.

Feel free to put your comments (^_^).

Reference: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/jump-the-line-and-get-windows-10-right-now/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crayon Shin-Chan: My Moving Story! Cactus Large Attack! [Review]

Kamen Rider Black, A Legendary Henshin!

Figure-rise Standard Ultraman Suit Ver. 7.5 - [Review]